If you have frequent breakouts or excess facial hair, laser hair removal and microdermabrasion techniques may not be effective for creating a smooth, youthful look.
Dermaplaning offers one alternative for people who are not getting results with microdermabrasion, and is designed to remove the dead skin cells on the top layer of skin using a small surgical blade. This is a non-invasive procedure that gently removes the top layer of skin to leave it looking smooth, vibrant and hair-free.
Dermaplaning can be performed every 3 to 4 weeks and typically removes several weeks of dead skin cell buildup. The dermaplaning procedure is relatively safe on most skin types.
The treatment is performed quickly and does not cause any pain. Dermaplaning is designed primarily to remove vellous hair, the type of hair that is commonly referred to as ‘peach fuzz’, a very fine hair that the body develops to stay warm. The appearance of vellous hair is more pronounced in some people than in others, and dermaplaning can help to remove this type of hair.
What are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is often considered to be a ‘manual exfoliation’ technique because it effectively gets rid of the outer layer of skin to leave the skin much smoother and even helps makeup look flawless. This procedure does not cause any trauma to the skin, and can be performed several times throughout the year for better results.
Some of the key benefits of dermaplaning include:
- Helps exfoliate skin with broken capillaries
- Offers better results than traditional microdermabrasion
- Little downtime
- Skin is only slightly red after the treatment
- Can temporarily remove fine, downy hair with ease
- Alternative to facial waxing
- Can be performed with a chemical peel
- Helps the appearance of makeup look much smoother
- with a series of treatments, it can significantly improve the texture of the skin
Contact us today for your free consultation to learn more about this effective, pain-free procedure for better skin!